- Display 6 sheets of chart paper around the room for participants to visit with one of the following topics written at the top of each:
- Dates surrounding the move
- Type of work
- Migratory history
- Let participants know that when gathering information—whether it is during an interview, reviewing records, or other research—they may come across some warning signs or “red flags.”
- These red flags alert them to the need to further investigate specific areas.
- This further investigation may be needed to ensure the recruiter has the facts straight, to correct an eligibility determination, or to determine whether an error had been made by MEP staff.
- For example, if the family has never performed agricultural or fishing work before, this would be a red flag to prompt them to ask additional questions.