Purpose of the
- One sheet of chart paper for trainer
- Ask participants to take a minute to discuss the types of MEP information they share with parents when they first meet them.
- Once participants have shared with each other, ask them to share with the whole group; scribe on the chart paper.
- Sharing information about these three topics ensures that families understand the program.
- The next activity will help you better prepare for parent conversations.
- MEP does not consider anyone’s immigration status.
- MEP services are provided at no cost to the family.
- MEP only shares personal information provided to the recruiter
with school or state MEP offices that have a legitimate interest.
- Once responses have been scribed, click to display category headings. Ask participants if the responses they shared fall under one of the categories listed on the slide.